Coexistence and Co-creation with Society
We, at Fine Sinter, believe it is important to realize our basic philosophy (“Through manufacturing Fine Sinter contributes to the happiness of people and a better society”) in order to make the world a happier place. To achieve this, we believe that it is necessary for everyone who works at Fine Sinter to feel happy.
Fine Sinter will continue to make various efforts with the aim of achieving “coexistence and co-creation with society.”
Based on its company philosophy, Fine Sinter strives to create an environment in which employees can feel happy at work and a diverse range of human resources can work together energetically in order to contribute to the growth of each individual and lead to solutions to social issues through our business towards improvement of our corporate value.
Commitment to Local Communities
Fine Sinter values opportunities to contribute to and interact with local communities through environmental preservation activities, proactive volunteer activities and interaction with local communities.
- Participation in “Kasugai Clean Campaign” and cleanup of the roads around the head office
- As a part of the Kasugai Clean Campaign, we clean up the roads around our Head Office.
- Work Happiness Farm (Employment of people with disabilities)
- Since September 2019, our employees have worked at “Work Happiness Farm Aichi Kasugai” operated by S-Pool Plus, Inc. This farm is operated under a partnership agreement with Kasugai City, based on the policy of building a work environment where people with disabilities can work cheerfully, happily, and with smiles.
- Beautification activities
- We engage in cleanup activities around the Yamashina Plant as part of the Yamashina Beautification Promotion Council’s activities.
- Beautification activities
- Lake Biwa cleanup
- Workplace tour for employees’ families (Family Day)
- We held a Family Day and invited the families of our employees.
We will continue to promote active communication through events that families can enjoy, such as tours of actual workplaces and hands-on manufacturing.
Future Plan and Schedule
Initiatives for Responsible Mineral Procurement
As a manufacturing company, Fine Sinter is committed to responsible mineral procurement.
- Conflict minerals
- We promote mineral procurement activities on a global basis, taking into consideration the impact on social issues such as human rights and the environment.
We continue to implement initiatives to build supply chains that can identify legitimate mines in accordance with the U.S. Dodd-Frank Act, the EU Conflict Minerals Regulation, and other relevant laws.
(Conflict minerals: Gold, tin, tantalum, and tungsten)
- Cobalt procurement
- In cobalt mining, there are concerns about human rights violations, including child labor, environmental destruction, and poor working conditions.
We are in the process of identifying supply chains and refiners and requesting improvements from non-certified suppliers.